This is an analysis of the poem Stretch Your Wings that begins with:
Stretch your wings.
You can, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ABC ABC ABC Dd ABC ABC ABC ADD ABC ADD ABC ABC DdADDeX ABCEd XaBCEa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,3,3,2,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,7,5,6,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111 11 011010 111 11 011010 111 11 011010 11001 110101 111 11 011010 111 11 011010 111 11 011010 11011 1011 0101 111 11 011010 11011 1011 0101 111 11 011010 111 11 011010 11001 11011101 11011 1011 0101 010111 11011 111 11 011010 11111 11011 110 111 11 011010 11111 11011
- Amount of stanzas: 15
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 65
- Average number of words per stanza: 14
- Amount of lines: 53
- Average number of symbols per line: 18 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; you, to are repeated.
The author used the same word stretch at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
The poet repeated the same word it at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Stretch Your Wings;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.