This is an analysis of the poem Strength Overshadows that begins with:
Dulling are those thorns,
Once sharpened to prick....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ABcdb defef ABecb cacXXc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,5,6,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10111 11001 1110100 00101 1110101 111 1101 01010011 111001 001011011 10111 11001 101001001 0010001100 100101101 1110001110 011010 10100010 0011100 1000100 1001010111101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 163
- Average number of words per stanza: 26
- Amount of lines: 21
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Strength Overshadows;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.