This is an analysis of the poem Still I Sit With This Bitterness that begins with:
After fifty years,
You are much too late! ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ABCC DEBF XBCB FGHBIG CXJJ ABCC DEBF XBCB FGHBIG CXJkJckeci
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,4,6,4,4,4,4,6,10,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10100 11111 00110100 0110101 111010 110100010 101001101 1111010 111101 01110001 01001 101001 010111010 11100111 111100110 1111110011 101010111 11101001 111010 11111 10110001 110011101 10100 11111 00110100 0110101 111010 110100010 101001101 1111010 111101 01110001 01001 101001 010111010 11100111 111100110 1111110011 101010111 11101001 111010 11111 10110001 11 110011101 111100100 1110110101 111110 0101 101100100101
- Amount of stanzas: 10
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 154
- Average number of words per stanza: 28
- Amount of lines: 50
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, you, that, i are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words to, you are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Still I Sit With This Bitterness;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.