This is an analysis of the poem Staying Not To Leave that begins with:
No one can give,
What is unknown to them......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXccX defcefcdXbXafgXXfg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,18,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: shakespearean sonnet
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1111 100100 111010 11010 1110 110100100 100001 10001010 100100010 10000100 101010010 01011010 10011 1001101 110 10111101 01100 001 100111 101011 1010101 101 010010 110100100
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 294
- Average number of words per stanza: 46
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 24 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Staying Not To Leave;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.