This is an analysis of the poem Stay Away From These People that begins with:
Anytime someone says...
They are accomodating you, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXXbb ccc cdcXXda
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,3,7,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: rondeau
- Metre: 101111 11100001 11110 1101101 111110 11101111001 10101010 1101010010 10101010101 0111001010 101011101 110010 1010110 101101 00111110
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 160
- Average number of words per stanza: 28
- Amount of lines: 15
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; you is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Stay Away From These People;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Cemented Ending
- Analysis of Those Airwave Heads
- Analysis of That Is Why This Is Done For You