This is an analysis of the poem Standing Up To Be Heard that begins with:
While you were chasing rainbows...
And playing hopscotch throughout your life....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Xabcc deeXddcc bXcbccede ffeaXe
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,8,9,6,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1101011 110110111 101010 0101011 1001011101 10010101 10111010 1001001 11 11001010 110100011 10011111110 001110010 101001 010010101 101101011010 010100100111 10111100101010 11100101100 1101010101 10100101110 111101010101 101 0111001 1110100101 0110 1011110 01001101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 243
- Average number of words per stanza: 43
- Amount of lines: 28
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, you, have are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Standing Up To Be Heard;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.