This is an analysis of the poem Split that begins with:
How is a broken fence mended?
Move away from it....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbaXXXXXccb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 12,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10010110 10100 10111 1011 0011 11010 11010010 110 110101 001111 1101 1
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 262
- Average number of words per stanza: 46
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 21 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Split;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of How Deep Do You Want It?
- Analysis of Fantasies Of Accomplishment
- Analysis of Am I A Pessimist?