This is an analysis of the poem Some Choose To Receive Willfully that begins with:
If knowingly one stands in the rain...
One should prepare to acknowledge, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXa XaXX aabba XX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,4,5,2,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with trochaic tetrameter or irregular meter
- Metre: 010011001 11010010 01011 11010 10101010 001010 1001 10010100 10100101010 11111010 010110110 10100101 11001100 101110100010
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 110
- Average number of words per stanza: 18
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; one, to are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Some Choose To Receive Willfully;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Like A Fresh Brook Flows
- Analysis of Staying True
- Analysis of Worshipped Is This Delusion