This is an analysis of the poem Sober, Grave, And Staid that begins with:
Sober, grave, and staid...
To highlight one's prim and proper, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXXbcdabac XX X d a eaX e bdX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 10,2,1,1,1,3,1,3,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10111 01111110 101 100111010100 00101000 10101000001001 010001111010 10100001 0010001011010 010001010100100 1001001101 11011100 111001 1001111110 101111001 11110001101 10101101110 1110100111 1100010 11101010100 10100 1011010
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 100
- Average number of words per stanza: 16
- Amount of lines: 22
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, to are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Sober, Grave, And Staid;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of With A Wish To Keep Appearances Kept
- Analysis of Prevent The Feeding Of Routine
- Analysis of Proud Of The Outcome