This is an analysis of the poem Sober And Erratic that begins with:
Or on automatic....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: AABAC DXEDD eXdXXffgh AABAC DXEDDhggff iide
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,9,5,10,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 101010 111010 10110 01000010 1001 01001 1011000 0101 10111 001010101 010111 010011101 110101 11010010100 11010101 010110 010111110 0100011 010101001 101010 111010 10110 01000010 1001 01001 1011000 0101 10111 001010101 10100101 100111101 10100101 1001001111 01001101010 101010110 101011101 10100101 10001
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 175
- Average number of words per stanza: 28
- Amount of lines: 38
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Sober And Erratic;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Doing It With It Done
- Analysis of A Question Asked Of Others
- Analysis of Gawked At And Photographed