This is an analysis of the poem Smogged By Your Fog that begins with:
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbXcdeeeceffeXfgXgXadX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 23,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 101 010 1101 011101010 1010111 011010110 1101 1001101010 010101 11101010 0110011011 010101010 1101111101 110101011010 111101 11011101 000110 010101000 0110100010 1110111 111011111101 1111011 11001111011
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 755
- Average number of words per stanza: 141
- Amount of lines: 23
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Smogged By Your Fog;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Foolishly Limited
- Analysis of Playing Dodge Ball As If Children
- Analysis of I'M Here To Give