This is an analysis of the poem Slipping Away From Existence that begins with:
With their values on the decline,
And their influence no longer hyped to fantasize......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abccbcXbXba
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 11,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01101001 1110011010101 111110100101 0101010100110 0011011010 10010010 100101001010001 11111110 11101010 01101100101101 1101100100101011
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 509
- Average number of words per stanza: 81
- Amount of lines: 11
- Average number of symbols per line: 45 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Slipping Away From Existence;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of I Am Not Living My Life To Impress
- Analysis of Pawning In Their Hearts
- Analysis of I Can'T Admit To Secrets