This is an analysis of the poem Sickened From Within that begins with:
Why is he admired?
He is focused....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcccbaXXccbcaX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 15,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: rondeau
- Metre: 101010 1010 100100111 1101101010 0001001111 11100101 10101001 110 11101 10001 10101010010 010110010 0001001101 1 10000
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 413
- Average number of words per stanza: 71
- Amount of lines: 15
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The speaker asks many questions. Perhaps, he or she is in confusion.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; he is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word he is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Sickened From Within;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.