This is an analysis of the poem Share Them With Yourself First that begins with:
Here's a pad and a pen!
'What is this for? '...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: X X a bX cbXX X caXXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 1,1,1,2,4,1,6,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 101101 10011 1111010 11 11101001 100101 1011101 01000 101111 101111 11110010 1111010 1010101 01001 01010 001011101
- Amount of stanzas: 7
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 58
- Average number of words per stanza: 12
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 25 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The speaker asks many questions. Perhaps, he or she is in confusion.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Share Them With Yourself First;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Permanently Affixed
- Analysis of Secretly Thanked
- Analysis of Absent Is The Mind That Dines On Ego