This is an analysis of the poem Self Indulgences that begins with:
I've learned this,
About self indulgences....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aX Xb bX aX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 2,2,2,2,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110 0110100 11011010 110101 011100101100 110111 100010 1011000011
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 57
- Average number of words per stanza: 10
- Amount of lines: 8
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Self Indulgences;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of I Can'T Put My Finger On It
- Analysis of Lips Of Greed
- Analysis of The M.O.& A.N.O.B.B. N' W. Award