This is an analysis of the poem Riding Hard On Their Backs that begins with:
Charading people under steeples,
On their knees praying to keep......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ABaXCCX DAC DACE ABaXCCX DACXDACE
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,3,4,7,8,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 100101010 1111001 1 111 111111 110011 00010111000 11110111 01110 10011011011 11110111 01110 10011011011 1111011101111 100101010 1111001 1 111 111111 110011 00010111000 11110111 01110 10011011011 11110111 01110 10011011011 1111011101111
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 161
- Average number of words per stanza: 28
- Amount of lines: 28
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; they is repeated.
The author used the same word and at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Riding Hard On Their Backs;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.