This is an analysis of the poem Remnants Of A Ravenous Activity that begins with:
Shallow are the crabs
Laying near the bottom of the heap....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abbXbXcdXcbdcdXad
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 17,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10101 101010001 101101101 10110 1001101 110001 01101 101 101010 0010101 010111 1 010 0110101 110001000100 111 1110010001
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 446
- Average number of words per stanza: 76
- Amount of lines: 17
- Average number of symbols per line: 25 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Remnants Of A Ravenous Activity;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Those Dissenting Make No Sense
- Analysis of They Are Here!
- Analysis of Sixty Four Cents Per Gallon