This is an analysis of the poem Relying On Bitterness that begins with:
Their tragedies are noted,
And documented with flair....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcbXddd edafcfeed dcdcXdc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,9,7,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1100110 1101001 10101110 10001010101 110101001 11100101 010101001 0011010011111 110101101001 10110010001 00111100101 110100010 01011 0101100010111 011001001010 1010010010 11101 11100111 1010101 10100101 00111 0101001011 01001010 0101001001
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 294
- Average number of words per stanza: 47
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 36 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; they, to are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Relying On Bitterness;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.