This is an analysis of the poem Release Yourself From Guilt that begins with:
Why be self indulgent,
If the act is not a conscious effort? ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaaXabXbaXXXa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 13,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 101010 0010101010 101010001 0111 11100011010 1100100 01010110100 0010100010 010011101010 111 11000101 01 1011001
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 397
- Average number of words per stanza: 70
- Amount of lines: 13
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Release Yourself From Guilt;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.