This is an analysis of the poem Reasons For Its Importance that begins with:
If people were as honest as they claim to be,
Hypocrisy wouldn't exist as such a challenge......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXXa XXaa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 010011011100 0100100111010 0011010110100 00010 1101001010101 10010101001010 00101000010101011 1010110011010010
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 186
- Average number of words per stanza: 33
- Amount of lines: 8
- Average number of symbols per line: 46 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; as, to are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Reasons For Its Importance;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of As A Myth To Use And Trick
- Analysis of Much More Of A Threat
- Analysis of With A Seeking To Follow The Lead