This is an analysis of the poem Racist Ambiguities that begins with:
It's not 'that' which can be seen that is visible...
And annoys to enforce ignorance, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Xabb XccabXXXc XccXc badXdedX edbeaaedddXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,9,5,8,12,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 011110110100 101001100 101100 010111010 00110110101 010100 10101101 011001001 0110010100 11010110 0011000 10101111 10101101101 1000001010000 010001101 1101101 0110001101 1000100 110100001 01010001 10100111 10 0101010 10101110 00101000100 100101000 11100101 101010110 1001001001 01010001 0101101 111011110 0101001010 11010100 010101 1011010110 10111010 101101
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 256
- Average number of words per stanza: 40
- Amount of lines: 38
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, in are repeated.
The author used the same word and at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Racist Ambiguities;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.