This is an analysis of the poem Pyramids that begins with:
They are here...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ABCBDEebebXXXfdXXXABCBDEfabeb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 29,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 111 1100 01110 11000 1101100 111011101 010010001 11111010 10010001010 11001 0111000 111110101101 11010101 01001 10110111011 11010 1011001100 111 1100 01110 11000 1101100 111011101 110110101 1111101011 1100101101110 1111100100100 11110010010
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 451
- Average number of words per stanza: 76
- Amount of lines: 28
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to is repeated.
The author used the same word they at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Pyramids;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Broken Into Bits
- Analysis of People Who Believe They Are Indispensible
- Analysis of Pissilled And Posselled