This is an analysis of the poem Pucker Up My Little Sucker that begins with:
Pucker up my little sucker,
And give daddy a great big kiss....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ABcbd efbdgf hiXddg dhjf XhXhdXXhd khcbh fjfj XhceXffXXABdhkib
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,6,6,4,9,5,4,16,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 10111010 11100111 011011010010 11010001 0010001101 01111010 11101101 111011010010 101010 11001 11010101 10110111 1111011011 1110101 110011 111011101 1101010111 11001110100101 110111111 1001101 110101 1 1010001 11010110 011110111 110010 111011001 11010101 011010 0101001 1101010 1111000111 111011101010 101010 0111 110101 011011111 10010101 010101 10 111111011 111010 1111010 111101 101111010101 011110111101 1101 10111010 11100111 110011101 1111111101 101010 01101001 1001010
- Amount of stanzas: 9
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 192
- Average number of words per stanza: 36
- Amount of lines: 54
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, i, you are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words you, i are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Pucker Up My Little Sucker;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.