This is an analysis of the poem Preferred As Protective Devices that begins with:
In unfortunate ways these days,
People are allowed to betray themselves....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaXaX aXXa abXba aX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,4,5,2,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 00100111 1010100101 101010 0110111 00100110100 011111 110101000100 1101000 10110100001 0101011010010 1110011 101100010101 10001010111 011011101 1011001011 11000100100101
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 156
- Average number of words per stanza: 25
- Amount of lines: 16
- Average number of symbols per line: 38 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Preferred As Protective Devices;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Whether Accepted Or Not
- Analysis of So In My Travels...
- Analysis of Whose Truth Is Reality?