This is an analysis of the poem Precious Moments that begins with:
I would like to steal,
More precious moments stolen......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ABCDEBfgc bdXdddX bhXhfgfXh ABCDEBXh
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 9,7,9,8,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11101 1101010 01101 010110 11100101 101001010 011110101 011011 110101111 111011101 1010110101001 110110 11001 010110010 11001 1101011000 10100010 11111101 101010010 110101110001 1110110010 1 11 1111010 1100101001 11101 1101010 01101 010110 11100101 101001010 1011100010 1100001001111
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 268
- Average number of words per stanza: 43
- Amount of lines: 33
- Average number of symbols per line: 32 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Precious Moments;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Fewer To View Sunsets
- Analysis of What I'Ve Been Told To Believe
- Analysis of That High Horse Of Yours