This is an analysis of the poem Plenty Of Shared Lip Service that begins with:
Those unfamiliar with leadership,
Should not be expected...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ABC bdeedb Dfgb DXdccg ABChfh
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,6,4,6,6,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 110100101 110010 01010 111010 010100 1010010 01010 1000101 011001 111 10111001 1000111100 1110010011 111 101010 11111010101 10110 0010010 11001010100 110100101 110010 01010 11001001101 01001110 10101001101
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 141
- Average number of words per stanza: 23
- Amount of lines: 25
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to is repeated.
The author used the same word one at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Plenty Of Shared Lip Service;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of You Seem To Have A Purpose In Life
- Analysis of Those Thoughts Kept About The Past
- Analysis of I Refuse To Lament