This is an analysis of the poem Please Do Not Take This Personally that begins with:
I am impressed by your progress.
And 'controlled' ability to listen....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abcX dbbef agfhhXfh aba aXXaic XXhbhia jijhhX hfdd fbbjX Xkjhcei hkgX X
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,5,8,3,6,7,6,4,5,7,4,1,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11011111 11000100010 1101 11110101 110 111001010 111010011010 0010011010 1110011110 110100 10100001010 0101011 101011 100 0011100 11111000100100 110111001101 01100 010011000010 01 11110 10100111 1110101011101 1101100 1111100 1010011 1110110101 0111100 001110100 011 10011111 1111010 1110000 11 1111101000 111 111111001101001010 1011011010101 111010 111 1110101010 110 1110101100111110 111110010110 1110101 01111010 110001101 10010111 111010 1101 1 11 111110001 110011 1111001100 01 11100111001 10111110 110011111 110
- Amount of stanzas: 12
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 151
- Average number of words per stanza: 27
- Amount of lines: 60
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; you is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same words perhaps, you, i are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Please Do Not Take This Personally;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of On Loan With Good Credit And Leased
- Analysis of There Is An Advantage To Communicating
- Analysis of Proclivities Of Subjected Idealistic Objectiveness