This is an analysis of the poem Permanently Fixed that begins with:
Never be satisfied with just the taste of things.
Know each ingredient and what it takes, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXbcbcadXdb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 11,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 100101010101 1101001101 0011100101011 110001010110110 001000100101110 010 1001000101011 1011100010 1111100100101 010101111011 011010001
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 486
- Average number of words per stanza: 85
- Amount of lines: 11
- Average number of symbols per line: 43 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Permanently Fixed;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Expected Opposition
- Analysis of Fortunate To Be Lucky
- Analysis of Either Your Cash Or Acceptable Credit