This is an analysis of the poem People Without Patience that begins with:
People without patience,
Can not appreciate the having of peace......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Aabcdd aeeafX AXfgfX AcbgaX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 6,6,6,6,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 100110 11010101001 010101000 101000 1011011 1001101101 1011100100 01011101 01001 110101010 1101001100 1100101000 100110 1010101 10011111 11010110 01010010 0111000001 100110 011101001 00100100101 1011111001 10101000101100 1011110010
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 210
- Average number of words per stanza: 37
- Amount of lines: 24
- Average number of symbols per line: 34 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to is repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word people is repeated.
The author used the same word people at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of People Without Patience;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Retribution And Vengeance
- Analysis of Controlling The Narrative
- Analysis of Taking Accountability