This is an analysis of the poem People Who 'Assume' that begins with:
What reality 'does' with it achieved.~...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XA abXbacc ddXdddX X deaddeccXA
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 2,7,7,1,10,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: couplets
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01001 1010010001 101100100010 1101001010 001110001 010001010 11110100110 001001010001 10100100010101 11 101101110101 01000101101100 11101 110001001101 1010001001001 110111100 110101111011 111100 1011000010 101101010110010 11110110010001 111110111 001101010 11100110101100 11000110011 01001 1010010001
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 211
- Average number of words per stanza: 36
- Amount of lines: 27
- Average number of symbols per line: 38 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, you, i are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of People Who 'Assume';
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.