This is an analysis of the poem Peaceful Dispositions that begins with:
Comes as gifts......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ababacac addaXXeea eeXbaaedaeX afbccfXaabc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 8,9,11,11,
- Closest metre: iambic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: blank verse
- Metre: 101010 111 01110101 0100100101010 110010001111 01011110100 0010011010 001011011001 101010110010 1001101001 110100111 101010101001 1110 1011010 011101001001 11110010100 10101001111 1010101101 11101 11001100101 00101000010 10101011010 11010101101 11110010001 1111001011 01001010100001 11101000100001 111010101010 10101010 100100001 10100101100 111001 1100100101 11011111010 1010100 101010010 010100110111 11011111 1101011001011
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 397
- Average number of words per stanza: 64
- Amount of lines: 39
- Average number of symbols per line: 40 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, with are repeated.
The author used the same word peaceful at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Peaceful Dispositions;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Sitting To Reminsce Their Victories
- Analysis of With Faith Unshakened
- Analysis of Reasons To Discuss