This is an analysis of the poem Painful It Is When First Heard that begins with:
Painful it is when first heard,
And rawfully exposed......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aaXaXbX XcbcXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,7,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: sonnet with iambic trimeter or irregular meter
- Metre: 1000111 110001 0110001010 1 10011 0101010 0111 1101010 1100101011 110110 111001 0010000110 01010 0110010011
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 194
- Average number of words per stanza: 34
- Amount of lines: 14
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Painful It Is When First Heard;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Feasting Upon My Peace
- Analysis of Unable To Escape
- Analysis of It's Hard To Reach Out To People