This is an analysis of the poem Over-Ride that begins with:
Delete perfection to seek it.
We all are a work in progress....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: AbAcdcc AbAeDFC ADFC ECcCgCXECcCgC
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,7,4,13,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 01010010 11101011 01010010 1101000101 10101 111101 00100101 01010101010 0010100100101 01010101010 0110101001001 0101010101 0101101100 0101 01010010 0101010101 0101101100 0101 111101111 0101 1 100101 1 1101 111101111 0101 1 100101 1 1101
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 166
- Average number of words per stanza: 31
- Amount of lines: 30
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; perfection, to are repeated.
The author used the same word where at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
The poet repeated the same word ride at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Over-Ride;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.