This is an analysis of the poem Only Newcomers Make It Interesting that begins with:
Only newcomers make it interesting,
To keep going around the same circles......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ABCdbeXfggaX hcX ABCddb hgX ghdgX ffXceXdb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 12,3,6,3,5,8,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10110101000 0110010110 1011001 1 0111101010 1101000 101110101 1 1100100 1010010 11110101010 100101100100101 11 11101 1 10110101000 0110010110 1011001 01 1 11101010 011 00110101 1111001010001 11 11100111 01 1011 11101011 1 000101010101 101101010 1011111 011110101 0110101101 101101010 0011101011
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 174
- Average number of words per stanza: 30
- Amount of lines: 37
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Only Newcomers Make It Interesting;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Expect Your Value To Become Diminished
- Analysis of Those People Are Back Here...Again
- Analysis of Returning To The Pits