This is an analysis of the poem Only Known By Sight that begins with:
A walking away today...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXaa bbX XcXbXc
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,3,6,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0100101 01 110101010 10110 1111 11011010 00011 1110100101 0101000110100 1111 101000101 1110111 1010011100
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 121
- Average number of words per stanza: 19
- Amount of lines: 13
- Average number of symbols per line: 27 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 4
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Only Known By Sight;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Bad Lighting From Oil Lamps
- Analysis of Idealistically Detached
- Analysis of Don'T You Find Yourself In An Odd Position?