This is an analysis of the poem Once You Discover That Is True that begins with:
If you do not awaken...
To make God the priority in your life, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ABCDE XaeeX Xaff deefa ABCDE ggXg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,4,5,5,4,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 0111010 01100100011 11 0111010 0110101 0111001110101 1111010 10101 11111 00110001101 1110010 0101101010101 01110 0100010 110010 11010110 11101 110100010 111 0111010 01100100011 11 0111010 0110101 1001011111 11010101 100100101 1010111111
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 142
- Average number of words per stanza: 26
- Amount of lines: 28
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; you is repeated.
The author used the same words if, no at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Once You Discover That Is True;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Cleverness You Wish For Me To Taste
- Analysis of This Will Unstabilize The Very Core Of Our Foundations
- Analysis of Titanic