This is an analysis of the poem On This Same Path Alone that begins with:
For many years I have walked by myself,
On this same path alone....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXb bcXX acdde Xedcb XfbfXgXfgbbab
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,5,5,13,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1100111111 101101 10111 1111100101 101101001111 110101101 01010110 111001 10010110101 111111101 1100111111 011010100 1111110101 11100111 01011111101 1101 111110 1101 11101 10111111110 11011010 10111010 11110 101111101 11111110110 101001 10110101 1111101101010 11111 1010111
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 167
- Average number of words per stanza: 31
- Amount of lines: 30
- Average number of symbols per line: 33 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; they, of are repeated.
The author used the same word i've at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of On This Same Path Alone;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.