This is an analysis of the poem On The Lurch To Attack that begins with:
So many have prioritized a gleaming bling to grab,
To impress as fast as they can get it....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XabbXXXXb bbabXbaba
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 9,9,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11010101010101 0011111110 1010110011101 1110101001010 1101001 01011101001001 0100001001011 110110010011010 101000111001100 1010110100 1001001100 00100010010001 001011000100 101010111001010 1111001 101001000111101 11011110100101001 1111111001110010
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 442
- Average number of words per stanza: 76
- Amount of lines: 18
- Average number of symbols per line: 48 (strings are more long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of On The Lurch To Attack;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Whenever One Feels In The Mood
- Analysis of Accustomed To Challenging Obstacles
- Analysis of My Neighbors Are Envious