This is an analysis of the poem On Foreign Shores that begins with:
An erasing to escape the past eight years,
Can not be done....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abccdXX abX daXda dceXe cXXaa
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,3,5,5,5,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: enclosed rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 10100010110 1101 101010011 111110 10100010 11010101 01000 10010 100010 1100 101011101 1111010 101010 11101 10111 1101010110 1001011001 011111001 10100110 110011101 01 1110111010 01111110 1100110101 1101
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 156
- Average number of words per stanza: 26
- Amount of lines: 25
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of On Foreign Shores;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of You'Re Just Jealous
- Analysis of Here Just To Drop Off The Evidence
- Analysis of The Proof Of It