This is an analysis of the poem On A Look To Give that begins with:
The most important lessons to learn,
For some become regarded......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: abXcbXXXbXb BXaBabbBca
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 11,10,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 010101001 1101010 10101011 110110010 01101010 00100110100 101001101000 1110101111 11010110101 10100101001 01001101 110101101 111101010 10100011 110101101 101000010 1010110 10110101 110101101 10101010010 01110001
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 382
- Average number of words per stanza: 70
- Amount of lines: 21
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of On A Look To Give;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.