This is an analysis of the poem On A Canvas Portrayed that begins with:
There are some people,
Who love to have their tragedies......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XabbXXXcc cbaXcaXcbb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 9,10,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: limerick
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11110 11011100 1001001 01010011010 0111000100010 1110001 100010010 11010001 0001000 110101 110011010 1001001011 11 0010010101 101100100101 101000101111 00100101 101001 011100101
- Amount of stanzas: 2
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 297
- Average number of words per stanza: 49
- Amount of lines: 19
- Average number of symbols per line: 30 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of On A Canvas Portrayed;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.