This is an analysis of the poem Oh Mighty Maker that begins with:
Oh Mighty Maker,
You made me up to 'see'......
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: AXbcd cAdeeff bGDGDGDGD XbGDGDXAd
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,7,9,9,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11010 111101 01111 111011 01 1 11010 11100 01110 1001110 110010111 111101001 0 1101 111001011 11001110 011101 1101 111001011 11001110 011101 1101010 1 1101 111001011 11001110 011101 11010 1110101
- Amount of stanzas: 5
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 144
- Average number of words per stanza: 28
- Amount of lines: 29
- Average number of symbols per line: 24 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; only, who, one are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word who is repeated.
There is a poetic device epiphora at the end of some neighboring lines only is repeated).
The poet repeated the same word away at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Oh Mighty Maker;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.