This is an analysis of the poem Nothing To Do With Fear that begins with:
I use to fear the unknown.
Until I was shown each day I live, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXXbXbXacXcb
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 12,
- Closest metre: trochaic pentameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1101001 011111111 0010111011 110010111101001 010011100000 101111001111 001 1101101 11011010 110101 0101100010010 10010111011100101
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 470
- Average number of words per stanza: 93
- Amount of lines: 12
- Average number of symbols per line: 38 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 8
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; i, to are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Nothing To Do With Fear;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Smile Like The Others
- Analysis of Entertained And Distanced
- Analysis of Adjustments Are Not Easy