This is an analysis of the poem Not Socially Inclined that begins with:
One takes a 'full' nap...
In between adventures, ...
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: XXX XXX aaX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 3,3,3,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11011 001010 11011100 1010 1110001001 10111101 111001 10011 10100
- Amount of stanzas: 3
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 78
- Average number of words per stanza: 14
- Amount of lines: 9
- Average number of symbols per line: 25 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Not Socially Inclined;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Until It Is Seen
- Analysis of I Ain'T Got It Like That
- Analysis of Don'T Get On My Nerves