This is an analysis of the poem Not Amused that begins with:
There are those who lie,
With such an ease as if breathing....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: aXbabab
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 7,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rima
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 11111 01111010 10111100010 1011111111 110111111101010 0010111 1
- Amount of stanzas: 1
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 248
- Average number of words per stanza: 46
- Amount of lines: 7
- Average number of symbols per line: 35 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 7
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; who is repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Not Amused;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Stripped Clean And Swung
- Analysis of There's No One Other
- Analysis of Once Doubt Is Gone