This is an analysis of the poem Nobody Else that begins with:
Nobody else will ever get a chance to get it.
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ABcb ABCb DBABEBC b ABcb ABCb aBXBXBaX ABcb ABcb ABFB ABFB GBGBBc DBABEBCBBDgbXDg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,4,7,1,4,4,8,4,4,4,4,6,15,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: sonnet
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 1111010101010 11 1111110110 1 1111010101010 11 1111110110 1 01011011 11110101 11011111 11110101 01110111 11110101 1011111 1 1111010101010 11 1111110110 1 1111010101010 11 1111110110 1 1110101 11110101 11110100 11110101 1000101 11110101 1111111 1110101 1111010101010 11 1101110110 1 1111010101010 11 1111110110 1 0110101011010 11 01101010111 1111 0110101011010 11 01101010111 1111 11101100 11111101 11101100 11111101 11111101 11110111 01011011 11110101 11011111 11110101 01110111 11110101 1011111 11111101 11111101 111010111 01 11 111010111 01
- Amount of stanzas: 14
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 138
- Average number of words per stanza: 29
- Amount of lines: 68
- Average number of symbols per line: 28 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
There are many exclamation marks in the poem. The speaker is excited. He or she has strong feelings on the subject that is described in the poem.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to, get, no, i've are repeated.
The poet used anaphora at the beginnings of some neighboring lines. The same word those is repeated.
The author used the same words nobody, i'm at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
The literary device anadiplosis is detected in two or more neighboring lines. The word/phrase no connects the lines.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Nobody Else;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of There Is Something About Living It
- Analysis of Poor Dining Habits
- Analysis of With No Need To Keep It Questioned