This is an analysis of the poem No Longer Is That Scent Addicting that begins with:
I've been profiled and monitored.
Suspected for steps I took....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ABCB dcace ABCB Xafaafagg afgg hageiXcai ABCB Xdhhh
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 4,5,4,9,4,9,4,5,
- Closest metre: iambic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: alternate rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: ballad stanza
- Metre: 10111100 0101111 10101 11110101 1101101 1101001 0011101 10111010 11001001 10111100 0101111 10101 11110101 110111011 01011111 11110010011 11010 1100001101 1101 0100100010 100100100 010001001 111110010110 01010111 0111100101 11110100101 110110 1101101011 110101010 111101 1110101101 11 1010 1010101 01010101 10111100 0101111 10101 11110101 111111110 010101101 10010010 101110 1110011010
- Amount of stanzas: 8
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 176
- Average number of words per stanza: 31
- Amount of lines: 44
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; and, in, i are repeated.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in it:
- summary of No Longer Is That Scent Addicting;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.