This is an analysis of the poem Never Deeply Appreciative that begins with:
Seldom do transitions come,
With a subtlety elusive and delicate....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ABXCD ebfXd gefdX ABXCD dcbc gcXXX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,5,5,4,5,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1010101 001000101100 111110 10111 1010010 10101 100110100 0111 010100 0101001001010 11001101 0011001010001 1011010010 0101010 01010011110 1010101 001000101100 111110 10111 1010010 00100010 110110 001001 000100110 1111 100110 11010010100101 1001011110000 0010010001011
- Amount of stanzas: 6
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 153
- Average number of words per stanza: 25
- Amount of lines: 29
- Average number of symbols per line: 31 (strings are less long than medium ones)
- Average number of words per line: 5
Mood of the speaker:
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; to is repeated.
The author used the same word seldom at the beginnings of some neighboring stanzas. The figure of speech is a kind of anaphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Never Deeply Appreciative;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.