This is an analysis of the poem Necessities And Basic Needs that begins with:
Are those self defeating beatings....
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: ABCDC BEBFC ABCDC BEBFCXfX
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,5,5,8,
- Closest metre: trochaic tetrameter
- Сlosest rhyme: rondeau rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 100010 11101010 01010110101 10110111111 1111011 1011100 1101110110 10100110100 1101101010001 1101010110101 100010 11101010 01010110101 10110111111 1111011 1011100 1101110110 10100110100 1101101010001 1101010110101 01010001100010 1 1110100001011
- Amount of stanzas: 4
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 218
- Average number of words per stanza: 34
- Amount of lines: 23
- Average number of symbols per line: 37 (medium-length strings)
- Average number of words per line: 6
Mood of the speaker:
The punctuation marks are various. Neither mark predominates.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of Necessities And Basic Needs;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.
More information about poems by Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Analysis of Molester Lusting
- Analysis of Nit And Picked Too Long
- Analysis of Just To Hear Your Story Being Told