This is an analysis of the poem My Soul Is Not For Sell that begins with:
Elements of the verse: questions and answers
The information we provided is prepared by means of a special computer program. Use the criteria sheet to understand greatest poems or improve your poetry analysis essay.
- Rhyme scheme: Xabcd X aBd eX bX ffXXX BX XX g XXcX eeXhXheXg
- Stanza lengths (in strings): 5,1,3,2,2,5,2,2,1,4,9,
- Closest metre: iambic trimeter
- Сlosest rhyme: no rhyme
- Сlosest stanza type: tercets
- Guessed form: unknown form
- Metre: 1 11 111101 101 111010 1111 11 11 11110 101001 11000 01011 0110101 11001 11101 10 10111011 11 11 001101010 1 1111 110111 10 01000 101101 10 1101 01001 101101 111 010 1 0101 11111 10111001
- Amount of stanzas: 11
- Average number of symbols per stanza: 59
- Average number of words per stanza: 11
- Amount of lines: 36
- Average number of symbols per line: 17 (very short strings)
- Average number of words per line: 3
Mood of the speaker:
The speaker asks many questions. Perhaps, he or she is in confusion.
There are many three dots in the poem. Readers should think of the author's idea together with the pensive speaker.
The author used lexical repetitions to emphasize a significant image; pick, i are repeated.
The poet repeated the same word ' at the end of some neighboring stanzas. The poetic device is a kind of epiphora.
If you write a school or university poetry essay, you should Include in your explanation of the poem:
- summary of My Soul Is Not For Sell;
- central theme;
- idea of the verse;
- history of its creation;
- critical appreciation.
Good luck in your poetry interpretation practice!
Pay attention: the program cannot take into account all the numerous nuances of poetic technique while analyzing. We make no warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability and suitability with respect to the information.